From far away...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum on Uttarpara ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indrani Bandyopadhyay (144.134.91.177) on 04:14:18 16/11/04

Dear Webmaster, I left Uttarpara (rather reluctantly) when I was three years old - thirty years ago. Since then I have lived in Melbourne and Sydney. Not a day goes past when I don't think of the great town - I haven't seen it for nearly ten years and my heart is at breaking point. Banerjeepara was named after my family, but my fondest memories are of the old house at Mandir Bati Ghat where my grandfather (Sri Atri Kuma Bandyopadhyay) set up house with his wife and six children, my father being one of them. My 'Mama'r Bari' is also in Uttarpara, just next to the Tara Mandir and the great banyan tree and looks directly at my father's house.

Unfortunately, your website is not working properly - the pages open with errors which means I can't read what you have to say and it makes me more homesick than ever.

I did however note with interest the cybercafe next to the Gauri Talkies - I ate phuchca there most afternoons! Telebhaja were eaten at the little shop on the way to Uttarpara station, the occasional meat curry from Lucy's followed by a Gold Spot at 'Pradip-da'r dokan'. It is a pleasure and a joy to have this site up there. Please fix it so that I can keep up with what's going on until that magic day when I come back (and I will). Baranda-e boshe Ganga'r hawa khete khete Dakshineswar-er alo dekhbo. She-i opekha-e thaki.

Regards

Indrani Bandyopadhyay

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:Re: From far away...
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion Forum on Uttarpara ] [ FAQ ]